Present continuous with a future meaning
Karim’s diary for next week:
Karimning keyingi hafta uchun kundaligi:
Monday — tennis / 2 p.m.
Tuesday — dentist / 10:00
Thursday — dinner with Lola / 8 p.m.
• He is playing tennis on Monday afternoon
• Dushanba kuni tennis o’ynaydi
• He is going to the dentist on Tuesday morning
• Seshanba kuni ertalab tish doktoriga boradi
• He is having dinner with Lola on Thursday
• Payshanba kuni Lola bilan tushlik qiladi
When you are taking about what you have already arranged to do, use the present continuous ✅ (I’m doing). Don’t use ❌ the present simple (I do).
Siz allaqachon rejalashtirilgan narsa haqida gapirayotganingizda hozirgi davomli zamonni ishlatasiz. Bunday holat uchun hozirgi oddiy zamonni ishlatib bo’lmaydi.
Misollar 📋 Examples:
• A: What are you doing tomorrow evening?
B: I’m going to the theatre.
A: Ertaga nima qilasan?
B: Teatrga boraman.
• A: Are you playing football tomorrow?⚽️
B: Yes, but Jim isn’t playing. He has hurt his leg.🤕
A: Ertaga futbol o’ynaysanmi?
B: Ha, lekin Jim o’ynamaydi. U oyog’ini shikastlantirib oldi.
⚠️ Do not use will 🚫 to talk about what you have arranged to do:
⚠️ Biror narsa qilishni rejalashtirib qo’ygan bo’lsangiz «will»ni ishlatmang:
Masalan 📋 For example:
• What are you doing this evening?
• Bugun kechki payt nima qilasan?